From this week’s Moorabbin Leader, with news of our coverage of next week’s Globe to Globe festival.
A KINGSTON radio station will bring music from across the globe to its local listeners.
88.3 Southern FM, based in Mentone, will broadcast all the main acts live from the Globe to Globe World Music Festival in Clayton South.
The festival features world music over two stages as well as having a range of dance and craft workshops, cuisine from around the globe, rides and entertainment.
Station production manager Alan Clement said it was the first time they would broadcast from the festival.
“One of our main focuses is on local and live music so any chance we get we try to do an outside broadcast,” he said.
“This one is a bit different and we are really looking forward to it.”
Mr Clement said the station would cover all the music live from the main stage as well as interviewing the artists during the breaks.
The festival will be held on the weekend of January 28-29 from noon at Namatjira Park, Springs Rd, Clayton South.
Entry is by gold coin donation.
- Kingston Globe to Globe World Music Festival
- Stage set for a fantastic World Music Festival 28th & 29th January, will be broadcast live on 88.3
- This Arvo, on The Offbeat Arvo (04-07-12)
- This Afternoon on ‘The Offbeat Arvo’ (18-07-12)
- This Afternoon, on ‘The Offbeat Arvo’ (and Evening)… (20/06/12)