What the world needs now is tolerance
With civil society riven by identity politics, cancel culture and conspiracy theories, common ground is becoming harder to find. Yet for society to move forward and democracy to thrive, people need to work just as hard to develop an understanding and tolerance of opposing points of view, than they do at promoting their own, argues Dr Hugh Breakey, Senior Research Fellow at Griffith University.
- Report card on Biden’s first 100 days
- Aust China Relationship Status: It’s Complicated
- Pacific Ocean health at risk
- Bayside beaches reveal window into life 5 million years ago
- Sesame Street says fun is the key to remote learning