Gene McDaniels interview with ‘Purple Haze’s Mark Copolov – Podcast
As a recording artist, Gene sold millions of records in the early 60’s with such big hits as A Hundred Pounds of Clay, Tower Of Strength, Point Of No Return & Chip Chip.. He began composing music in 1968 and penned a number of hits including Compared to What & Feel Like Makin’ Love, originally recorded by Roberta Flack, and subsequently by hundreds of artists over the decades.
In the 1970’s and continuing to the present, Gene produced albums for artists such as Merry Clayton, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Nancy Wilson, Roberta Flack, and Carri Coltrane. In 2004 he released his first solo album in 35 years, Screams and Whispers. In 2009, he released a solo ballad album, Evolution’s Child. A prolific songwriter, Gene composed many songs and was still writing, composing and producing at the time of his death.
The Gene McDaniels website is located at http://genemcdaniels.com/
To hear his interview with Mark Copolov, simply click on the Play button below.
- Johnny Young interview with Mark Copolov on Purple Haze (podcast of exactly 2 hours)
- Podcast – Russell Morris on Purple Haze with Mark Copolov (recorded ‘live to air’ on Wednesday July 30th 8-10pm), promoting his new cd ‘Van Diemen’s Land’ (2 hours)
- Russell Morris and Mark Copolov ‘live in the studio’ interview/Podcast – Purple Haze
- Andy Timmons and Mark Copolov on Purple Haze – Podcast
- Daryl Braithwaite talks to Mark Copolov on Purple Haze – Podcast