Mark Copolov’s ‘Live In The Studio’ show – Podcast (2.5 hours) – Purple Haze
In this podcast, Mark, from ‘Purple Haze’ has 8 local acts ‘Live In The 88.3 Studio’. Mark will speak with each act, which will perform 3 songs each. Please see below for the running order, photos & details about each artist.
This podcast’s running order is as follows :
– Introduction & Rubber Soul – segment start time 00:00
– Tricking Emma – segment start time 17:47
– Jaron Natoli – segment start time 32:45
– Inc3do – segment start time 48:29
– Radio Vertigo – segment start time 1:05:21
– Chris Doheny – segment start time 1:22:10
– Acustica – segment start time 1:36:16
– Goofyfooter – segment start time 1:52:53
You can listen to and/or download the Podcast using the below podcast player.
Artist details :
1)RUBBER SOUL – THE BEATLES SHOW
RUBBER SOUL is based in Melbourne Australia and has toured internationally & nationally. The band formed in early 2001, with the aim of recreating the look and sound of The Beatles music LIVE, and to preserve the original enthusiasm, excitement and spirit of the songs. The arrangements have been painstakingly reproduced. Every note and harmony is faithful to the original. This is not a cover band playing Beatles songs. It is the music of The Beatles sung and played like The Beatles played them, 100 per cent and full of energy.
The members of RUBBER SOUL have had a long association with each other and a wealth of experience in the music business. All have played together in various original and cover outfits over many years. Each member has been a lifelong fan of The Beatles and its from that perspective RUBBER SOUL has sought to bring a totally authentic Beatles experience to the legions of other Beatles fans everywhere. David Gillard has been playing music all his life, performing in bands and solo. He has played original music as well as covers, and is now performing in RUBBER SOUL – THE BEATLES SHOW. The band was a hit on the popular television ABC series Spicks & Specks featuring on it’s sixties special. The group has also performed nationally and overseas.
Rubber Soul will perform :
– Nowhere Man
– I Am The Walrus
– Sgt Pepper reprise
* ARTIST WEBSITE : http://www.rubbersoul.com.au/
2) TRICKING EMMA
Tricking Emma write songs best heard on a beach, with waves crashing behind you and sparks popping in the bonfire in front of you. The groups music is a catchy coastal mix of acoustic roots and unique lyrical rhymes.
Tricking Emmas first single ‘Boat Afloat’ scored consecutive weeks at #1 on the Triple J Unearthed Indie singles chart and is constantly in the Top 10 most requested songs on world indie broadcaster traxx radio.
Tricking Emma will perform their first 3 singles :
– Boat Afloat
– TIA (Ticket Inspectors)
– Night Owl
* ARTIST WEBSITE : www.trickingemma.com
3) JARON NATOLI
Jaron Natoli is a very talented 12 year old singer songwriter from Melbourne Australia. At the tender age of ten, Jaron recorded his first album ‘Its You And Me’. Two years on, Jaron is about to release his second full-length album ‘Better On My Own’.
Jaron will be performing two tracks from his new forthcoming album :
– Down The Road
– Normal Person
– & a cover of the Ed Sheeran song The A Team
*ARTIST WEBSITE : www.jaronnatoli.com
Melbourne four piece indie group Inc3do was primarily formed as a creative outlet for the songwriting talents of guitarist Ivan Tutic and vocalist Shane La Roche. Inc3do (pronounced in-see-doh) means to awaken and march forward – in reference to the aim of the band and their message they want to impart through their soulful music and positive vibes. Incedos debut seven-track EP ‘Wake Up Now’ augments the exhilarating mix of sounds with infectious radio-friendly melodies. You can catch Inc3do live at the HI FI in Melbourne Saturday 8th September.
Inc3do will be performing three tracks from their EP:
-Ain’t Gonna Take Much Longer
– Someone Like You
– One Chance
*ARTIST WEBSITE : www.inc3do.com
5) RADIO VERTIGO
Popular Melbourne group Radio Vertigo, featuring vocalist, guitarist and songwriter Peter Freebairn, have enjoyed many national radio hits including ‘Silhouette’, ‘Own Life and Free’. The band will soon release a new five track EP.
Peter Freebairn will debut two of the EP tracks :
– Lucky and Pictures exclusively for the Southern FM Podcast
– as well as Silhouette
*ARTIST WEBSITE : www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Vertigo/110978232271084
6) CHRIS DOHENY
Respected Melbourne singer, songwriter, performer Chris Doheny, is best known for his work as vocalist, songwriter and bassist with popular eighties band Geisha. Geisha scored several national chart hits and produced two top selling albums. Chris had continued success in the nineties with the bands All The Young Dudes and Dragonfly – the later delivering two Top 10 chart EPs. Chris is also the voice behind the AFL Footy Show theme ‘More Than A Game’.
Today, Chris is an active solo artist, record producer, performer and owner of independent record label Diamond Dog Records.
Chris will be performing his classic self-penned single from the late Nineties :
– Can You Hear The Rain
– Times Like These (Foo Fighters cover)
– and his new soon to be released self-penned single Here Comes The Sun Again
* ARTIST WEBSITE : www.chrisdoheny.com
Acustica formed as a duo in early 2004 and have been performing together ever since. Initially inspired to concentrate on original music, Acustica moved to the cover scene and has played in various cafes, pubs and weddings. With a current bi-weekly residency, Acustica has been a local cafe hit and has developed a small fan base. A recent member of the band is branching Acustica’s sound with full emphasis on original music and harmonies.
Damien, Karen and Vasco will perform:
– Can’t take it
Damien and Karen will perform:
– Let it rain
– Water lilies
* ARTIST WEBSITE : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acoustica/19390379240
Inspired by the coastline, the outback, long drives, our rockin’ pubs and many Surf/Instrumental performances over the ages, Goofyfooter write and play about Australian places and themes. Definitely not your traditional surf music… it’s a crossover, a fusion, an “Aussie mongrel breed”… bucket loads of reverb and tremolo, big acoustic guitars and the occasional splash of cheesy organ. Sometimes it’s brooding and reflective, sometimes it’s upbeat and fun… and sometimes it’s just downright loud and dirty music that comes from a place within, not manufactured for a quick sale.It makes for an eclectic mix, guaranteed to transport you to a place you once knew…that deserted beach at sunrise, that night around an open fire, that Kombi trek along a corrugated gravel road.
Goofyfooter (Glenn Allen, Adrian Furby, Dale Bulmer, Nat De-Palma) will be performing the following songs:
– Valiant Safari
– The Open Plains
– (Tide & Emotional – time permitting)
* ARTIST WEBSITE : www.goofyfootermusic.com.au
Photos from the night (Thursday, August 2nd, 2012) :
INC3DO (Ivan and Shane):
RADIO VERTIGO/Peter Freebairn (with Michael Matthews) :
ACUSTICA (Vasco, Karen & Damien) :
GOOFYFOOTER (Glenn) :
Website details :
88.3 Southern fm : www.southernfm.com.au
Other podcasts by Mark Copolov :
– interviews with Micky Dolenz, Paul Anka, David Essex, Daryl Braithwaite, Gene McDaniels, Mike Heatley & Andy Timmons (more will be loaded later)
– new cd releases
Mark Copolov : www.mcopolov.com
The End 🙂
- Mark Copolov’s ‘Live In The Studio’ show No. 2 – Podcast (2:00:00 hours) – Purple Haze
- TONIGHT – Purple Haze this Wednesday August 30th 8-10pm – Mike McClellan, Wingspan, Glen Campbell, Baggage Claim and Catnip with presenter Mark Copolov
- TONIGHT! Purple Haze, Wednesday 29th August 2018 8-10pm, with presenter Mark Copolov – special guests The Eagles Story to perform ‘live in the studio’
- Glenn Shorrock and Brian Cadd interview with Mark Copolov on Purple Haze about their new collaborative cd (& tour) “The Story Of Sharky & The Caddman” – Podcast (2.5 hours)
- Mark Copolov’s ‘New cd releases’ show Podcast (1.5 hours)