Podcast of Mark Copolov’s last ‘Purple Haze’ show with 18 guests (Ringo Starr to Ross Wilson) – went to air 29th April 2020
Here is my podcast from my very last ‘Purple Haze’ show on 88.3 Southern FM, which was broadcast on Wednesday 29 April 2020, after 22 years’ service. I’ve re-edited it from what went to air eg. adding in songs re the “Past guests” segment so it better relates to what we were discussing..
The total length of the broadcast is 4 hours, 40 minutes. I’m proud to say that over the 22 years, I had the pleasure of conducting more than 130 nterviews with so many interesting artists.
Here’s the running order:
Part 1: My intro than Ross Wilson/lead singer, songwriter, guitarist from Daddy Cool, Mondo Rock etc.
Part 2: Ross Wilson cont’d + Some snippets and music from some of my last 22 years of interviews: RINGO STARR & George Martin/The Beatles producer,
Part 3: Richard Lush Beatles sound recording engineer), Brian Wilson/The Beach Boys & Robby Krieger/Guitarist and songwriter from The Doors
Part 4: Russell Morris & Johnny Young, Normie Rowe & Colleen Hewett
Part 5: Phil Everly, Francis Rossi, Status Quo – lead singer & lead guitarist), Mickey Dolenz (The Monkees)
Part 6: Interviews & music from my last show ‘live on the phone’ guests:
Michael Burrows – local singer songwriter
Part 7: Michael Jacobs – lead singer, song writer & guitarist from Jacob’s Run
Part 8: Michael Spiby – the singer, songwriter & guitarist from The Badloves
Part 9: Walter Musolino – the vocalist, guitarist & keyboard player from Man City Sirens
Part 10: Charlie Mae – local singer & songwriter
Part 11: Kevin Johnson
Part 12: My ‘end of era’ tribute
I’d like to acknowledge all of my family and friends, guests, listeners, everyone at 88.3 Southern FM and all who supported me throughout those years.
I hope you enjoy listening to the podcast.
All the best,
- TONIGHT! Mark Copolov’s last show ever on ‘Purple Haze’, 88.3 Southern FM – 7 guests including Ross Wilson & Kevin Johnson – this Wednesday 29 April 8-11.30pm
- Podcast – Mark Copolov’s 20th anniversary special, featuring a tribute to The Beatles producer, Sir George Martin. Other guests include Richard Lush, Michael Matthews, Bob Hart and Dennis Smith (2 hrs 6 mins)
- TONIGHT!! 20th anniversary special – Sir George Martin tribute with Purple Haze presenter Mark Copolov – this Wednesday 30th March 8-10pm
- Jack Jones podcast with Purple Haze presenter Mark Copolov, discussing Jack’s new cd ‘California Dreaming’ (interview & music of 1 hour & 15 minutes)
- Beatle’s sound engineer Richard Lush and author Brian Kehew – interview with Purple Haze presenter Mark Copolov about ‘Kaleidoscope Eyes – A Day In The Life Of Sgt. Pepper’ – the photography of Henry Grossman (podcast 2 hours 15 mins)