Original Airdate 2012: On this podcast of our Purple Haze Archive Classic Series we present a tribute to singer Scott McKenzie. Scott McKenzie was most famous for singing the multi-million selling hippie anthem classic “San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in your Hair“), but he was just not a one hit wonder. Scott McKenzie released two very fine solo albums, had a career with two folkie type bands before his huge hit, was a member of the later Mamas & Papas, & co-wrote the Beach Boys biggest hit song, Kokomo.
- THE PURPLE HAZE ARCHIVE presents BOBBY HARRISON (PROCOL HARUM/FREEDOM) on PODCAST
- THE PURPLE HAZE ARCHIVE presents BILL MUMY of LOST IN SPACE/BARNES & BARNES on PODCAST
- THE PURPLE HAZE ARCHIVE presents LAURIE STONE of CLASSIC AUSTRALIAN BAND, RAILROAD GIN, & DYNAMIC DUO, MOSCOS & STONE on PODCAST
- THE PURPLE HAZE ARCHIVE presents JESSE COLIN YOUNG of the YOUNGBLOODS PODCAST
- THE PURPLE HAZE ARCHIVE presents 1960s SAN FRANCISCAN SOUND MUSIC LEGEND: COUNTRY JOE McDONALD on PODCAST