Newsman on the bus
A Newsman and his Music on Monday 29 October 2018 started with an “outside broadcast”, as Colin reported from Bayside City Council’s free commuter bus. The trial service has mini-buses operating on two routes taking passengers to and from Middle Brighton Station. Colin was the only person onboard the first service on route 1 but he was impressed with the five-minute journey from Centre Road (opposite Mayflower) to Middle Brighton Station in just five minutes. But as you’ll hear in this broadcast, not everyone’s impressed with the trial service, with some saying they’ll always use their cars or walk. And others telling Colin they don’t want the mini-bus stopping outside their homes either. Bayside’s Councillor Alex del Porto says council will listen to all feedback from rail commuters and residents before deciding whether the commuter bus will proceed beyond the trial period.
More details and feedback: bayside.vic.gov.au
- Free shuttle bus to ease commuter parking squeeze
- MEET BAYSIDE’S NEW MAYOR MICHAEL HEFFERNAN – PODCAST
- Bayside’s new graffiti attack plan – podcast
- Bayside Carols in the Park – Part 1 – Podcast
- Bayside Mayor impressed by town hall turnout over park issue