Our “Christian who has made a difference” this week was an Aussie who failed in three jobs. He also failed some academic exams due to nervousness. But he went on to help the poor in Melbourne during the Great Depression, and to found the successful social welfare agency the “Brotherhood of St Lawrence”. He is Gerard Tucker.Listen again to his story, broadcast on “More Songs of Hope” at 8:45am on 2012 02 26.
- Songs of Hope podcast for Sunday 25Aug13
- Gladys Aylward served China – podcast
- Kiran Martin helps Delhi slum dwellers – podcast
- Charles Grant revolutionised Indian Education – podcast
- A Scot an American founding father – podcast