Hymns are poetry set to music. It is said that poets “suffer for their art” but few know the level of tragedy that was experienced by Horatio Spafford the hymnist who gave us “It is well with my soul”. The events that gave rise to the hymn and Spafford’s response to them exemplifies the comfort and assurance that comes via faith in Christ. Hear the story (and the hymn) for yourself.
Our website: http://songsofhope883.wordpress.com/
- The story of a great hymn – How Great Thou Art – podcast
- Famous Hymn podcast – What a friend we have in Jesus
- Charles Dickens in Four Minutes
- Abolitionist Sunday – William Wilberforce podcast
- Stuart Townend – modern hymn writer – podcast